Sunday 4 May 2014

My thoughts on the video 'Look Up'

Look Up: http://youtu.be/Z7dLU6fk9QY

I don't want to justify for myself or anyone using their phones/social media I mean at the end of the day if you found it you were already using social media and had your 'head down' if you shared it then again really you were ignoring the message and kept going rather then putting it down and experiancing life.
All I would like to say is at the end of the day it's all about limits!
They do send a great message and there is a few blogs and other things that also send this great message especially for parents and their children but you have to be using the Internet and social media to see it and share it and get your message to others! Are these blogs and videos and such, not just spread through social media by the perception that people like the idea? They want to completly disconnect from 'smart phones' but can't do it.. because if they could then it wouldn't be all over the net and social media for people TO SEE and realise.
The people writing them are also not really stopping and putting their phones down and ignoring social media are they?? They had to write it and share using these tools.. I'm a blogger, not a very good one lol its just a hobby for me, but I know that to get it to go anywhere you have to monitor and share it all, thats why mine has gone nowhere so far (my life with my family comes first!), you have to put the time and effort in and therefor continue to USE social media.
The real message they are sending is to take notice of where your priorities lie.. Hopefully the people promoting these things are doing exactly that making media less of a priority over important things in life and if they do get someone to completly disconnect from social media because that's what they really want then great but if you can't completly disconnect from 'smart phones' and social media don't beat yourself up about it, they didn't, just look at the big picture and think about what YOU use it for, this is mine:

I know I can't leave my phone behind... I use mine as a tool, a camera to capture precious moments. A voice recorder to catch the funny little things they say and a video camera to record the things they do and make movies with the kids. Thankfully I can easily close it when someone else needs attention or so I dont miss out on experiences in life and I easily ignore it when I am so wrapped up with doing things and experiencing life! This is why I never answer my phone, sorry mum :) but you know I'll get back to you. I also use it for when I take my down time (if i get any lol) because we all need that. I read books, write, draw. I use it to share pictures and the childrens lives with family as they are too far away to see them grow otherwise.. ♡ you guys!
Research in my down time to plan fun activities that are going on around town and trips 'adbentures' as Leila says or ideas for play.. Our kids are limited in the amount of time they have using any type of screen and we rarely watch TV and even then mostly documentaries just as we are rarely using our phones around them as we are giving them our attention and involved in playing with them and watching them grow :)