Sunday 13 July 2014

The AusMumpreneur 6 Week Challenge - Week 1


As soon as I read about the AusMumpreneur 6 week challenge ecourse I knew that's exactly what I needed (A kick in the butt! I have SO many blog posts in drafts, kids activities, development and MORE that I really want to finish and publish) and had to try as hard as I could to be considered! I missed out on the scholarship but I was lucky enough to be shortlisted as one of the finalists.
It must have really been my time for it because I was able to, then enroll in the challenge!! Just shows that if you put the effort in you can get anywhere.. Speaking of which, This first weeks challenge was to create a vision board! I LOVE vision boards they really give me motivation and visual focus to keep me on track. This was a perfect task for me and, as a bonus, really fitted in with my Mental Cleanse Challenge that I set myself..

I took the opportunity to really focus on goals I would like to reach and where I wanted to go in my life for my business and, family and personal. I started by breaking it up into:
Montage Madness / Paintbox Kids & Wilderness Babies  
Family / Personal and making lists in each. 
But I found that most of the things had smaller goals in them too, so it ended up turning into a mind map! (well a MY mind map, scattered and unconnected to the outside viewer)

I also found that ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING was connected! My business is personal, it is me, it is my family, it is friends, it is fun, IT IS LIFE..  
So I focused on the smaller goals that were in there to get to the larger goals. I also wanted it to be able to be added to and changed as my goals changed  One of my big ones was Art, I really want to get back into art and thought that creating this vision board was a perfect way to start! I wanted it to be representational and motivational for me, most people looking at it might not know what it all means but I do and I feel that's the main thing..

Even from the very start the 'Blank' Canvas itself meant something to me (the back of a 18th Birthday gift, art work that I wanted my kids to be exposed to that I could not do). I started by painting the border it is gold
and green to represent having enough money to live comfortably, (conveniently a ladybug landed on there as I was painting as if to say it approved) I added gold glitter paint because everything has to have glitter, you cant walk though our house without later finding glitter everywhere you go for a week! I then moved on to the background.
I wrote on the canvas as I wanted to be able to paint over the words and keep them there in the background. I wrote about what the green and gold represented, I wrote about getting back in touch with art and I signed it Mummy Madness. I then picked out colours that I love and enjoyed the whole process of painting the background, the fun, the mess and the mixing. I left sections showing the white background to show that nothing it ever really finished, it can always be improved. Naite came out and thought it was wonderful, it reminded him of a sun set. Even doing the whole vision board had meaning, I was outside in nature for the whole day it was beautiful I relaxed in the sun and enjoyed my time doing something for myself!
Everything else that was placed onto the vision board is something that can be removed or covered up once I have reached that goal or I'm am ready to moved on from it, A continual work in progress just like me, this blog, my family and life. I have a few motivational reminders to myself that I have written out so far and put on there, but I plan on painting them on. 
The rest of my goals I condensed down into a mini mind map and placed them on their as a reminder. As I collect more things that represent that area I will add them on.

These are my mini mind map Goals!

And for Peace who asked about what the coffee represents, most people that know me know that I love coffee!! I don't think I could survive without it, *Laugh* it is my 'Sanity Juice', time for me to take a break & time with my partner AJ (we both love coffee, it was a big part of us first meeting) and he makes the best coffee!!

I was also just sitting back, in the morning sun, relaxing the next morning proud of what I had achieved with my painting 
I think my biggest one to work on is my focus! I can't wait till next week to see what the challenge is and move forward.. 

♡ Mummy Madness